DEDICATED TO SAVING HISTORIC LISBON, OHIO, ONE BUILDING AT A TIME
Lisbon Landmark Foundation
WELCOME TO LISBON, OHIO
Located in Center Township, Lisbon serves as the county seat for Columbiana County. New Lisbon, as it was originally called, was platted on February 16, 1803 by Lewis Kinney and was incorporated under a special act of legislature on February 7, 1825. Known initially for its iron and whiskey, New Lisbon became an economic hub during the first industrial revolution and claimed Columbiana County's first bank, the Columbiana Bank of New Lisbon, its first insurance company, Columbiana County Mutual Insurance, and its first newspaper, The Ohio Patriot. In 1895, the village was formally renamed Lisbon.
Unfortunately, like many small towns in America, Lisbon is in danger of losing its historical identity. No longer the economic hub it used to be, Lisbon has lost many of its longest running businesses, and the vacant buildings left behind are showing the effects of time.
The Lisbon Landmark Foundation is fighting to save these buildings. We are fighting to restore them to their former glory and to make them economically relevant once again. We need your help. Please consider donating to our organization, volunteering with one of our projects, or even just attending one of our events. Help us help Lisbon!